Popular Remedies For Vertigo
The defects in the vestibular labyrinth region of the ear cause Vertigo which is characterized by dizziness. Loss of balance and nausea are some prime symptoms of Vertigo.
The vertigo disorder can be caused by various factors. Some of them are anemia, diabetes, alcohol consumption, insomnia, dehydration, high cholesterol levels, and head injuries. Infections and allergies, bad sight, thyroid problems, sclerosis, brain tumor and calcium deficiency are other likely causes of vertigo.
The main symptoms of vertigo are:
- Poor vision, pain in the ears and trouble during hearing and focusing are the common characteristics of vertigo. Dizziness, nausea, the sensation of everything moving, facial paralysis, weakening of limbs, difficulty when eating imbalance are some other symptoms the patients may likely experience.
- The patients with vertigo have limited activities and always feel low. If you detect the symptoms of vertigo it is advised to visit the doctor who will recommend certain medications. However, there are some home remedies for vertigo which work efficiently to keep the problem under control.
Here are some of the best remedies for vertigo:
- Coriander Seeds: Take one tablespoon of coriander seed powder, gooseberry powder and soak them in a glass of water. Keep them in water and filter the liquid in morning. Add some sugar to it and drink it straight. This natural remedy works wonder to treat vertigo overtime.
- The vitamin C content in the gooseberry powder improves the mental and cognitive functioning of the body. Coriander seeds have rich content of calcium, phytonutrients and essential nutrients which combat the symptoms of vertigo.
- Lemon: Extract fresh lemon juice and add a pinch of salt, black pepper to a glass of warm water. Stir it well and drink it. Sprinkle lemon juice on a salad also proves beneficial for vertigo. Lemon balm is known to relieve vertigo symptoms such as depression, stress, and insomnia. Put dried lemon balm in a cup of water and put it to boil for ten minutes. Filter the liquid and sip it few times a day to get relief from vertigo.
- Almonds and Watermelon: Take eight seeds of almonds and watermelon seeds, one tablespoon of poppy seeds and two tablespoons of wheat grain and soak them in water overnight. Grind them to make a paste. Put a tablespoon of ghee in a frying pan and fry two cloves for few minutes. Add the paste to it and fry it. Mix the paste into milk and drink straight. Follow the process twice a week. You will get relief from Vertigo using the above recipe.
- Water and Juice: Staying hydrated is the best remedy for people who suffer from vertigo.
- Water intake of at least eight glasses a day is effective. You can also take fruit and vegetable juices as they have high fiber content.
- Strawberry: Take some fresh strawberries and crush them. Mix them in yogurt and eat it straight. It is a simple and effective home remedy to cure vertigo.
- Ginger: You can even eat raw ginger. Drinking ginger tea also controls the symptoms of vertigo such as nausea and dizziness. Allow the ginger root to boil in a cup of water for some minutes. Allow it to simmer. You can even add honey to taste. Drink ginger tea twice for better benefits.
- Almond Milk: Dip 4-5 almonds in water overnight. Next day, mince them well to make a thick paste. Add the paste to a glass of lukewarm water and drink it straight. Almonds have a high content of vitamin E, vitamin B, fiber, and carbohydrates.
- Gingko Biloba: Gingko Biloba promotes the blood circulation through the brain and head. It is a powerful remedy which improves short-term memory loss and tinnitus. Ginkgo Biloba comes in the form of capsules and liquid. You can take 40 to 60 milligrams every day to cure the symptoms of vertigo.
- Garlic and sesame oil: Take two garlic cloves and crush them. Fry them in two teaspoons of sesame oil and cook until the garlic turns brown in color. Filter the oil in a cup. Allow the oil to cool. Put some oil drops in the ear. Follow the same in other ears. You will find great benefits for vertigo attacks.
- Basil Tea: Basil has great properties to cure vertigo. Boil some basil leaves in a cup of water and allow it to simmer. When the tea has cooled down, drink it straight. You can even chew basil leaves.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Take one part of apple cider vinegar and two parts of honey and mix them well. Take the mixture two-three times in a day to prevent vertigo.
These remedies for vertigo give you relaxation and alleviate the problems caused by vertigo. Consult the doctor if the symptoms are not cured.