Getting an overview on causes and signs of high blood pressure
The rate of blood flow through the veins is known as blood pressure. High blood pressure or hypertension is a state when the blood pressure has increased to abnormal levels. When arteries become narrow, it creates a resistance against the flow of blood, and as a result, there is a tendency of high blood pressure. In such cases, you must keep high blood pressure charts handy to maintain a track of your pressure level against the normal pressure levels.
Causes of high blood pressure
There is no specific reason for high blood pressure. After the age of 40, you must keep a check on yourself to ensure you maintain normal pressure levels according to high blood pressure charts.
There are a number of reasons of high blood pressure.
• Inherited from your parents
• Organ malfunction in the body. For example, if your kidney does not work properly, the normal balance of salt and fluid in your body will be disturbed. As a result, your blood pressure will become high.
• Thyroid problems
• Intake of illegal drugs or excess consumption of alcohol
• Problems in adrenaline hormone secretion
• Prolonged unhealthy lifestyle, leading to weight problems and obesity
Symptoms of high blood pressure
There many signs that indicate abnormalities in blood pressure levels, some of which are mentioned below:
• Sudden change in vision
• Shortness of breath, especially during physical exertion
• Sudden bleeding of nose
• Dizziness and chest pain
• Blood in the urine
Apart from the symptoms that are mentioned here, sometimes you will see that even when you have an increase in your blood pressure level, you won’t face any significant symptoms. So it is necessary that you go through and understand high blood pressure charts to try and keep your pressure levels within the normal range.
If the blood pressure shows an abnormal reading for a long time, you should take the doctor’s advice and opt for timely high blood pressure treatment, before it becomes problematic.