An Insight Into The Problem Of Peyronies Disease
Peyronie’s disease is an ailment that occurs among men, and it affects their sex organ – the penis. Investigations into the problem have revealed the fact that this is a state of health that is not exactly very serious and can even go away on its own without having to do much about it.
What is Peyronie’s Disease?
This is a problem that occurs due to a scar tissue or plaque formation inside the penis. In this condition, the penis can bend to any of the sides or even upwards.
Peyronie’s disease can happen amongst men mainly due to the following three reasons:
· It could happen due to some trauma or pain that could have been inflicted on the penis. It might be caused by injury and bleeding inside the penis that could lead to the formation and also an accumulation of plaque inside the penis.
· Often age and genes are responsible for this disease.
· It can also occur as a side effect of some kind of medicines and drugs.
Symptoms and Diagnosis:
Peyronie’s disease is a problem that can occur overnight or can even develop in a slow manner. Here are some of the symptoms that you need to be on the lookout for:
- It leads to the generation of pain in the penis especially when it is erect. However, you may not experience any kind of pain when your penis is relaxed.
- The plaque generally appears on the top parts of the penis, but at times it can also occur in the lower parts as well.
- If the problem is very acute, then the penis can become a little bend or curved, and you will see that only when your penis is erect
- Intercourse will be painful for as well, and it will become a problem
Doctors are of the opinion that immediate treatment is the best thing that can be done for Peyronie’s Disease cure.
Intake of certain vitamins can be helpful for Peyronie’s disease cure. These vitamins are Potassium Aminobenzoate, Tamoxifen, Colchicine, and Carnitine. Oral vitamin intakes can help in the Peyronie’s disease cure and are considered to be a major medication for the ailment.
Additionally, penile injections like Verapamil, Interferon, and Collagenase injections are the other options that doctors use for Peyronie’s disease cure.
They also make use of shock waves, radiation, heat, and ultrasound to treat your penis.
If none of these offer the required results, surgery is recommended, though that depends on the condition of the patients, Surgery is the last resort, and mostly all the other available options will be tried out before that.
Let’s look at the available treatment options for Peyronie’s disease cure:
- In certain cases, it has also been opined that Peyronie’s disease cure can happen even without the intervention of the doctor or without the use of medicines.
- Doctors suggest patients must wait for a couple of years with the restricted use of the affected part for physical intercourse. Since it is painful, the problem might not subside on its own if it does not get rest. This is one of the best Peyronie’s disease cure methods that are opted by a large number of doctors across the world.
- The primary step of treatment is the medication that the doctor would subscribe; it is advisable not to buy over the counter medicines to treat the condition all by yourself.
- If the case is complicated, the doctor would suggest a surgery. Either the plaque is removed, and the skin is grafted, or plaque tissues are removed.
- Many types of research and tests have proved that Vitamins can play an eminent role in this context. Vitamin E and the group of B vitamins have a good effect on the treatment of this problem.
- In some cases, it is seen that different types of chemicals are injected into the plaque or at times the therapy of radiation is also used so that the plaque can be dissolved.
Often having Peyronie’s disease does not mean the end of your love life. Most people do not have any problem while having sex in case they are suffering from Peyronie’s disease.
The whole problem has a physical and a social aspect to it. Hence the aspect of treatment and counseling and consultation must be handled with care and fair intelligence.
This is a health problem that usually subsides on its very own. However, the patient can experience a lot of pain during sex. The duration of erection can also get affected. The complications include erectile dysfunction and other related issues; it is one of the major problems that often couples face while being affected by Peyronie’s disease.
This disease can easily subside with a little extra personal care and rest to the body part and a little care and support from close kins.